NJ Laws Directions to Ken Vercammen and Associates Ken Vercammens Resume Ken Vercammen articles

Kenneth Vercammen & Associates
A Law Office with Experienced Attorneys for Your New Jersey Legal Needs

2053 Woodbridge Ave.
Edison NJ 08817

Personal Injury and Criminal
on Weekends 732-261-4005

Princeton Area
68 South Main St.
Cranbury, NJ 08512
By Appointment Only
Toll Free 800-655-2977

Will Appointments

Thank you for contacting our law office in connection with a Will. Please call our office during business hours to make an an appointment for a confidential appointment.

Directions to our office are available on our website KennethVercammen.com. The website also has detailed information on legal matters that we handle. To help provide better service and answer your questions, please fill out the Confidential Will Questionnaire on KennethVercammen.com. You may want to fax or mail the interview sheet to our office prior to the appointment.

You should bring to the appointment:

1. The completed Will Questionnaire Sheet

2. Your questions written out.

3. All papers you have in connection with your Will. (Prior Wills, Living Wills, Powers of Attorney, etc.)

4. If available, you may want to bring:

Deed to Real Estate, Copy of Real Estate Tax Bills, Health Insurance Policy, Existing Nursing Home Contract (if any), Existing Life Insurance Policies, Life insurance paperwork indicating the face value, death benefit, and cash value with respect to the policy, Copies of all current bank statements, Copies of all Series E or EE bonds, Most current statement from Stockbroker, Most current Mutual Fund statements, Most current statement for IRA account, Most current statement of Qualified Retirement Account (Non-IRA), Complete copies of any Annuities, Copies of any Notes or Mortgages Receivable by you.

The scope of the services we anticipate performing for you are as follows:

1. Will review and update, if appropriate.

2. Living Will review and update, if appropriate.

3. General Durable Power of Attorney review and update, if appropriate.

At our initial meeting, we will discuss the matter, and provide a written retainer statement. I will quote you a fixed fee for the projected legal work. This way you will know at the beginning what your costs will be. Client can now pay fees by check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, cash or money order. Once retained, we will represent your interest vigorously.

As you might imagine, we have many requests for appointments and our schedule is very full. Therefore, we ask that you make every effort to keep your appointment. If, for some reason, you are unable to do so, please notify us at least 48 hours in advance by calling 732-572-0500.



2053 Woodbridge Ave

Edison, NJ  08817

(Phone) 732-572-0500

(Fax) 732-572-0030


         Please fill out completely and fax or mail back. This form is extremely important. Your accuracy and completeness in responding will help me best represent you. All sections and information must be filled out prior to sitting down with the attorney.

         Please be sure to check all appropriate boxes. If NONE, please state NONE. 

If NOT APPLICABLE, please state N/A or none.


1.      Your Full Name: _____________________________________________


2.    IF MARRIED OR SEPARATED, complete (a) and (b) below:

(a) Spouse's Full Name:


______________________________________________              _________

First                                Last


3.  Your Street Address: ____________________________________      


City _______________________ State ____  Zip Code ______________


4.    Telephone Numbers:                


Cell: _______________________________    ________________________


Day: ____________________/Night: ________________________


5.    E-mail address: _______________________________________


6. Referred By: ___________________________________________

         If referred by a person, is this a client or attorney?  If you heard about the law office on the Internet, what search terms did you use?


7. Today's Date ____________________


       We recommend a Durable Power of Attorney in the event of your physical

or mental disability to help you with financial affairs? 

                                                                           Yes ________  No ________


        We recommend a Living Will telling hospitals and doctors not to prolong your life by artificial means, i.e. Terri Schiavo; Karen Quinlan?      

                                                                          Yes ________  No ________

Confidential Will Q                 Rev 2/5/15

How can we help you? What are your questions/other important information?





[It is required by Court Rules that all pages be filled out in person's own handwriting prior to seeing the attorney]

8.    Your Marital Status:        [  ] Single        [  ]  Married         [  ]  Separated                       [  ] Divorced        [  ]  Widowed  

                                             [  ] Domestic Partner


9.  Your Day/Month  of birth:  ___________________   



10.  Spouse Day/Month of birth:  _________________   


11.  If you are the parent or legal guardian of a minor child or minor children, please check here.  [   ]


         The person charged with administering/Probating your estate, paying taxes and/or other debts, preserving, managing, and distributing estate assets and property is called an Executor. This person should be one in whom you have trust and confidence. Your SPOUSE is usually named as primary Executor, followed by the child who lives closest to your home.

         Please provide the following information about the person you wish to name to serve in this capacity.

1. PRIMARY Choice of Executor/Personal Representative in Power of Attorney:


Name: _________________________     ______________________________

            First                                             Last


Relationship: _______________ Address: ________________________


2. SECOND Choice of Executor/Personal Representative in Power of Attorney:

         This individual will serve in the event that the primary executor/personal representative is not alive at the time of your death, or is unable to serve.


Name: _________________________     ______________________________

            First                                             Last


Relationship: _______________  Address: _____________________________

   The two proposed Executors must be filled out prior to meeting the attorney. We do not recommend Joint Executors, which often cause conflicts and additional work for the Estate. It is best to select one primary person, then a secondary person.

Asset Information- Must Be Completed - If none, write “none”


House/Real Estate Address  _________________________________________


Estimate Total Real Estate Value: _____________ Approx mortgage _________


Bank Accounts, Stocks, CDs and Assets: _______________________________


Approximate Amount ______________________________________________


Direct Beneficiaries of Accounts - If none write none ____________________


Other Major Assets - If none, write none _____________________________


Approximate Life Insurance: _________________    Beneficiary _____________


In the Will- Who do you want to get your assets:


Beneficiary (1) _______________________   Relationship _______________


Beneficiary (2) _______________________   Relationship _______________


Beneficiary (3) _______________________   Relationship _______________

    It is required that assets and beneficiaries be filled out prior to seeing the attorney

Any Specific Bequests of Money and Property:





       Generally most married people provide that, upon their death, property will be distributed as follows:

         1. Your estate (all property and assets not owned jointly with another person) will be distributed to your surviving spouse.

         2. If your spouse predeceases you, then your estate will be divided in equal shares among all of your living children, If any child shall predecease you, then that child's share to their children (grandchildren).


Names of Children:  ______________________________  Age: _____


_______________________________                              Age: _____




       [Skip this section if you have NO minor children and DO NOT want a trust. There are substantial additional fees for preparation of a Trust]

       The surviving parent of a minor child is ordinarily entitled to be the GUARDIAN of that child. In the case of simultaneous death of you and your spouse, or if you are a single parent, you should appoint a Guardian for your minor child. It is advisable, prior to the completion of this Questionnaire, to make sure that your proposed Guardian(s) is (are) willing to serve as Guardian(s). In addition, the Guardian will also hold the monies for the minor children UNLESS you direct us otherwise. In your Will you can have any adult serve as Trustee of monies for minor children.

         Provide the following information about the person(s) you select to be Guardian(s)/Trustee(s). In the event my spouse predeceases me, I name as GUARDIAN(S)/ TRUSTEE(S):




Full Name: _______________________________________


Relationship: ______________________________________




Full Name: _______________________________________


Relationship: _____________________________________


Are there any beneficiaries with special needs, or receiving SSI or SDD? Please answer in detail


    Are you or any of your Beneficiaries  are not United States citizens? _______

If not US citizen, extra taxes apply.

Do you have any religious wishes on burial? ___


       Generally most married people with no child(ren) or grandchild(ren) provide that upon their death their property will be distributed as follows:

1. Your estate (all property and assets not owned jointly with another person) will be distributed to your surviving spouse, but

2. If your spouse predeceases you, then your estate will be distributed to your living parent, or equally to your living parents. 

3. But should both of your parents predecease you, then your estate will distributed equally to your brothers and sisters or equally to the children of a predeceased brother or sister.

         Please check B above only if you wish your property distributed precisely and exactly as indicated in section B, 1 through 3, above.

Additional information on Wills, Probate and Elder Law available at www.njlaws.com

[ ] C. DIVORCED OR WIDOWED PERSONS WITH CHILD(REN) OR GRANDCHILD(REN). Generally, most divorced or widowed persons with child(ren) or grandchild(ren) provide that upon their death property will be distributed as follows:  1. Your estate (all property and assets not owned jointly with another person) will be distributed in equal shares to all of your living child(ren).

         2. But if one or more of your children predeceases you, that deceased child's share will be distributed to his or her child(ren), your grandchild(ren) in equal shares


[  ] D. ALTERNATE PLAN OF DISTRIBUTION - You may list specific gifts to individuals and/or divide your estate among several individuals by listing percentages to each, making sure that the percentages total 100%. You may add additional sheets if necessary or use the back of this form.  There are additional Will preparation fees if there are gifts, called specific bequests.

       PLEASE WRITE DOWN ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE HERE or anything else important that we should be aware. Use back of this page for additional important information:





         Your estate may be subject to NJ Estate Taxation if the total of your assets exceeds $675,000.  If your assets exceed $675,000 and you desire estate planning to avoid or reduce your estate tax or require a Trust to protect a spouse, please advise Mr. Vercammen.  A Standard Will is not designed to address estate tax issues. We do not do Federal Tax Planning or Medicaid Nursing Home Planning.


T 1- Parents with minor children and trust for children                 ____________

T 2- Parents no spouse                                                                ____________

T 3- Unmarried                                                                            ____________

T 4- Parents without trust                                                           ____________

T 5- Spouse/ Children Trust if assets over $1 million?                  ____________


         PAYMENT WILL BE MADE BY(Please circle one)

Check, Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express) or Cash

Checks are payable to Vercammen PC

         Payment is required for Will, Power of Attorney and other document preparation at the first consult and prior to any documents being drafted. Minimum fee for Last Will and Testament preparation is $200 each. We charge a $150.00 consultation fee, which is credited to the preparation of the Will or other document. This $150.00 fee is non-refundable even if the documents are not prepared. If there are any changes to a draft Will, Power of Attorney, or other document, there will be a minimum charge of $75.00 per revision. The Will needs to be signed within 21 days of initial consult or an additional fee of $100.00 will be charged. Due to complexity and need to re-title assets, Fees for Trusts are minimum $2,500.


This form was filled out by:  _________________________

                                                      sign name

Telephone Consultation Program

New Article of the Week


Meet with an experienced Attorney to handle your important legal needs.
Please call the office to schedule a confidential "in Office" consultation.
Attorneys are not permitted to provide legal advice by email.

Kenneth Vercammens Law office represents individuals charged with criminal, drug offenses, and serious traffic violations throughout New Jersey. Our office helps people with traffic/ municipal court tickets including drivers charged with Driving While Intoxicated, Refusal and Driving While Suspended.

Kenneth Vercammen was the NJ State Bar Municipal Court Attorney of the Year and past president of the Middlesex County Municipal Prosecutors Association.

Criminal and Motor vehicle violations can cost you. You will have to pay fines in court or receive points on your drivers license. An accumulation of too many points, or certain moving violations may require you to pay expensive surcharges to the N.J. DMV [Division of Motor Vehicles] or have your license suspended. Dont give up! The Law Office of Kenneth Vercammen can provide experienced attorney representation for criminal motor vehicle violations.

When your job or drivers license is in jeopardy or you are facing thousands of dollars in fines, DMV surcharges and car insurance increases, you need excellent legal representation. The least expensive attorney is not always the answer. Schedule an appointment if you need experienced legal representation in a traffic/municipal court matter.

Our website provides information on traffic offenses we can be retained to represent people. Our website also provides details on jail terms for traffic violations and car insurance eligibility points. Car insurance companies increase rates or drop customers based on moving violations.

Contact the Law Office of
Kenneth Vercammen & Associates, P.C.
at 732-572-0500
for an appointment.

The Law Office cannot provide legal advice or answer legal questions over the phone or by email. Please call the Law office and schedule a confidential "in office" consultation. The Law Office now accepts payment by American Express, Visa and Master Card.

Ken Vercammen articles.

Ken Vercammens Resume
Directions to Ken Vercammen and Associates

Disclaimer This web site is purely a public resource of general New Jersey information (intended, but not promised or guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up-to-date). It is not intended be a source of legal advice, do not rely on information at this site or others in place of the advice of competent counsel. The Law Office of Kenneth Vercammen complies with the New Jersey Rules of Professional Conduct. This web site is not sponsored or associated with any particular linked entity unless specifically stated. The existence of any particular link is simply intended to imply potential interest to the reader, inclusion of a link should not be construed as an endorsement.

Kenneth Vercammen handles Wills, Last Will and Testament, probate contests, estate administration, inheritance tax, executor, surrogate, Living Wills, estates, trusts, undue influence, administrator, elder law, elderlaw, senior citizen, eldercare, guardianship, trusts, estates, Avoid Probate, Personal Injury, Deceased, Estate Planning, New Jersey Lawyer, New Jersey Attorney, New Jersey Lawyers, New Jersey Law Firm, New Jersey Legal Service, New Jersey New Jersey legal, New Jersey law, NJ Lawyer, NJ Attorney, NJ Attorneys, NJ Lawyers, NJ Law Firm, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Mercer County, Somerset County, Union County, Ocean County, Cranbury Police, East Brunswick, Edison, Highland Park, Jamesburg, Old Bridge, Metuchen, Monroe, New Brunswick, North Brunswick, Perth Amboy, Piscataway, Plainsboro, Sayreville, South Brunswick, South Plainfield, Woodbridge, Superior Court, attorney, attorneys, Law Firm, 08817, 07095,08816, 08901, 08903

Copyright 2018. Kenneth Vercammen & Associates, P.C.