NJAC 13:19-6.6 Application for certification of BAIID
(a) A manufacturer seeking certification of a BAIID shall submit to the Chief Administrator a completed application on a form prescribed by the Chief Administrator.
(b) The manufacturer shall certify the following as to the BAIID for which the manufacturer seeks certification:
1. The installation and use of the BAIID shall not impede the safe operation of a vehicle in which it is installed;
2. The BAIID complies with the requirements of 13:19-6.5;
3. The manufacturer carries liability insurance meeting the requirements set forth in 13:19-6.8;
4. The manufacturer has a network of service centers in New Jersey that comply with 13:19-6.11;
5. The manufacturer provides training to its service center employees in the proper servicing of the BAIID and training to users of the BAIID in the proper operation and use of the BAIID; and
6. The manufacturer shall provide BAIIDs to indigents in accordance with 16:19-6.14.
(c) The manufacturer shall submit the following with its completed application:
1. A copy of the written instructions for servicing the BAIID that will be provided to service center employees, and a copy of the written instructions for proper operation and use of the BAIID that will be provided to the user of the BAIID;
2. Technical specifications descriptive of the BAIIDs safety features, utility features, optional features and the manufacturers required service interval;
3. A copy of the manufacturers warranty of the BAIID;
4. A certificate of insurance from an insurance company licensed in New Jersey evidencing that the manufacturer holds liability insurance as required by 13:19-6.8;
5. A sample of the warning label it will affix to each BAIID to comply with 13:19-6.5(c);
6. Proof that the BAIID was tested by an approved ISO laboratory and was found to meet or exceed the NHTSA Model Specifications, or alternatively, proof that another state has certified or approved the BAIID as meeting or exceeding the NHTSA Model Specifications;
7. A list of all states that have certified or approved the BAIID for use in a program that requires a BAIID to meet or exceed the NHTSA Model Specifications, and the name, address and telephone number of the state official responsible for the certification or approval;
8. A list of all states that have revoked, suspended or denied certification or approval of the BAIID, the reasons for such actions, and the name, address and telephone number of the state official responsible for such actions;
9. A list of all service centers in the manufacturers network that comply with 13:19-6.11, including the address of each, whether the facility is owned by the manufacturer or will be leased, rented, or otherwise secured from the owner and the name, address and telephone number of the owner; and
10. A list of employees that will provide services related to BAIIDs at the manufacturers service centers.
Amended by R.2005 d.47, effective February 7, 2005.
See: 36 New Jersey Register 4005(a), 37 New Jersey Register 505(a).
In (a), substituted "Chief Administrator" for "Director" throughout.